Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hawkeye experiment...



Today is over and tomorrow my weekend starts!

Cue jumping up and down yelling, "YAHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Yes, I had a normal working adult work schedule and am off all weekend! Including Friday, which I understand isn't completely usual, but a weekend off for me consists of Fridays off! Woo hoo!

Tomorrow after Nick gets done with work we're heading about two hours east to do something completely unusual for me....

We're going to a football game here...
Yes, that is Kinnick Stadium home of the Iowa Hawkeyes. My beloved Cyclones' #1 enemy. I feel like a total traitor. Buuuuuut, Nick is a big fan and I promised I would go to a Hawkeye game wearing Hawkeye gear if he goes to a Cyclone game wearing Cyclone gear!

(Yes, I am aware that we may someday be one of those "house divided" people)

Everyone (well, Hawkeye fans) say that the atmosphere at Kinnick is so much better than that at Jack Trice. I am excited to put this to the test and see what all the fuss is about! (Pretty sure they're wrong).

Wish me luck! I will share pictures once we get back! :)

4 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I think it's a good compromise to attend games at both fields - but I have to say, I am uber impressed that you are going to wear Cyclone gear! I went to UND and our biggeset rival was NDSU (before they went Div 1...), and while I would attend a Bison game, I don't think you could get me to wear Bison gear! This must be love!!!!!!!!!!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

Yeah, we are both fans of opposite teams and you would never find me wearing their clothes ever. I've been to their games and he's been to mine but neither of us would wear the others clothes. Yuck. I would probably vomit on them.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Hope you had a great time! That would be like going to a WVU game since I went their rival school!

hiyaluv said...

how was it??!!! looks like things are going well (from what i can see on twitterland:) )

smiles,
gina
ps-my fiance and i are a house divided couple. him being a wolverine, me being a buckeye! :)