Usually I go to the grocery store once a week, but since school started I don't think I have been once! Because of that we have been eating out a lot and I could really feel it in the way my clothese fit. Yesterday I finally stepped on the scale just to be sure what I was dealing with and ... it's not good.
I'm proud of my shopping trip though! I gave myself a budget of $100 to use between Target and HyVee and I think I did pretty good!
Here's what I got...
- half gallon of milk (which I never get through, I hardly ever drink milk)
- baked tortilla chips (these are so addicting...)
- 10 containers of yogurt (I eat it everyday)
- 4 cans of Progessive soup (my newest favorite lunch when on the go)
- 2 cans of chicken broth
- bag of brown rice
- colby pepper jack cheese slices (never had this kind before but it's gotta be good, right?)
- mild cheddar cheese slices
- 1/2 lb of honey ham
- 1/2 lb of peppered turkey
- 2 cans of shredded chicken
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of red enchilada sauce (making chicken tortilla soup later this week!)
- a tub of AE cottage cheese (I only buy this stuff when it's on sale, but it's oooh so good)
- sour cream (cause a typical dinner for me is a baked potato...)
- frozen blueberries
- box of penne noodles (my favorite kind of noodle!)
- two bags of lettuce (It was 2 for a $1 today! Steal!)
- bottle of ketchup
- bundle of bananas
- 3 apples
- 3 sweet potatoes (mmm, I'm ready for Thanksgiving hence the sweet potato craving)
- 1 mango (to mix with that decadent AE cottage cheese)
- jar of salsa
- brussel sprouts (I have never had them and they were cheap, so I'll give 'em a try!)
- a huge bag of fresh green beans that were only 99 cents!
- loaf of bread
- box of vegetable crackers
- paper towels (I really should buy these in bulk at Costco, but I don't have anywhere to put that massive thing!)
- toilet bowl cleaner (It's gotta be done...)
- a new vase (I made this adorable arrangement of flowers from Hobby Lobby. Love it.)
- face moisturizer (I use Oil of Olay. Used to use Cetaphil but they've changed something about it now and I don't like it anymore)
- dental floss (I am seriously obsessed with flossing)
- index cards (for studying, yo)
The only thing I forgot was string cheese (my favorite snack) and diced tomatoes for the soup... I'm pretty proud of myself though. Usually between HyVee and Target I go way over $100. Today I had $4 to spare. That's right, I only spent $96. I probably could have saved more if I was a coupon clipper but I'm horrible at that...
Now, hopefully I can eat in for a couple weeks and drop those pesky pounds that have decided to show up.
What's your budget when grocery shopping? Do you tend to get the same things every week?