Today I am participating on Ten on Tuesday, which is a weekly meme that I first noticed from Lisa's blog! :)
1. Favorite way to travel (plane, train, automobile, etc.) Definitely by plane, because that usually means I am traveling far! I am also a fan of long road trips, but only when you have lots of time and can stop and enjoy the scenery.
2. Where’s your favorite place to travel to that you’ve been to? Definitely New York City! I'm a city girl and I loved the hustle and bustle of all the people. I loved the lights. I loved the energy. Loved the shopping. Loved the food. Loved the different cultures and ethnicities everywhere. Loved it all!
3. Where’s the place that you want to go but have never been? Oh gosh, there are so many. SO MANY! I will have to be very broad here and say somewhere in Europe. There are so many places in Europe that I plan on visiting someday that anywhere there is somewhere I want to go but have never been and would be happy visiting!
4. Do you deal with traffic well? Umm, just depends. Most of the time yes. If I'm in a hurry I obviously hate it but for the most part I'm pretty used to it between living in Kansas City and living in Myrtle Beach during tourist season. Des Moines isn't too bad, but it definitely has it's moments. I'm a fan of finding shortcuts. If there IS a shortcut, I WILL find it.
5. Ever had an emergency while traveling? No, unless you count summer camp when I was 9 years old and got "sick." (I think I was just homesick, but I was actually vomiting... lol)
6. Do you have a passport? What countries have you been to? Yes, and it's embarrassingly empty. Sad. Very, very sad. The only place I have been that I needed it for was a cruise to the Bahamas.
7. Are you’ve light packer or do you pack everything but the kitchen sink? I am NOT a light packer. I am one of those people that think, "What if?" while packing so basically everything goes in the suitcase.
8. Do you take the fastest route or the road less traveled? Just depends. When I was moving to South Carolina we took the most scenic route. I didn't want to miss all the scenery in Kentucky, Tennessee and North Carolina!
9. Do any activities on the road? (like road games, reading, sleeping, etc. ) Depends on who I am traveling with. If I'm traveling with a couple close friends, yes. All the time! We will find random features about strangers (like mustaches) and count them. We are weird.
10. Use a paper map or GPS? I have never used the GPS on a road trip! Unless you count the Google Maps app on my phone... I rely on good ol' paper.
Welcome! My name's Amber and I'm a recently-turned-30 year old living in Des Moines, IA. No, it's not all cornfields and farms here and I am actually a city girl, having spent very little time on any type of farm! Here is where I talk about anything and everything going on in my life!
Want to contact me?
Send me an email at:
What I'm reading...
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
What I just finished reading...
This Girl by Colleen Hoover
Books 'n Bars
Come check out my book club in the Des Moines area. We check out a new bar each month and read one book a month.