Since it's Thursday and there have been some definite highs and lows of this week, it's the perfect time to participate in Nora's Wine & Love feature!
(but actually, I am not drinking at all due to race day being EIGHT days away, but I will imagine I'm drinking instead)
This week what has me w(h)ining is...
- People who break plans. And on top of breaking plans, don't tell me. I had to dig to find out. Really? It's such a turn off and I find that extremely unattractive in a person (especially guys). (Yes, this was a guy.) (Yes, I am still extremely annoyed.)
- Not being able to find a house to rent for the next year. We're so sick of living in an apartment with three dogs, but finding a home for renting instead of buying has proven to be close to impossible. Every day I whine about how I wish I had bought a house when I had the salary that would have allowed that. Sigh. (I need to keep reminding myself of perspective. I am much happier now in my career, and I will have a "normal" salary again soon).
- Feeling like you bend over backwards for people and are always there, always responsive. But, they don't do the same for you. Ya, know?
- School is almost out (public school) and I am actually really really sad. This is my last semester of substitute teaching on a regular basis. In the fall my class schedule only allows me to sub on Fridays and the following semester I will be student teaching. Just thinking about this puts a lump in my throat. I love subbing.
- The pain that has cropped up on the left side of my hip yesterday. I felt fine until about the end of 2nd period, and during passing as I left to go to the restroom I found myself practically hobbling and limping down the hall. It felt like it came out of nowhere and the pain is STILL there. :(
- Just in general feeling very unimportant. To so many people. That's one of the worst feelings for me. I have to feel important. (Doesn't everyone?)
- That our pool is open early. In fact, it's been open a couple weeks now! The bright side of staying in this apartment complex is the pool. I love our pool!
- Looking forward to a weekend at the lake. I love looking forward to stuff like that! I know it will be relaxing and full of lots of laughs!
- The tan that I am getting from running. I love being tan! (Don't worry, I am wearing my SPF).
- The class that started last week and am looking forward to the two classes that start next week. Yes, I know, this makes me a huge nerd. But, I really enjoy being in the classroom (as student or teacher).
What's making you reach for the wine? Do you have any plans for the holiday weekend?