But, let's recap March, shall we?
At the beginning of the month I set some goals for myself, much like I did in February
About halfway through the month I made a few changes though and most of the goals were no longer relevant. For example... I decided to start training for the Dam to Dam 20K (I know, who AM I?) so that wiped out the "finish C25K" goal but I would still consider that goal as passed because I'm running so many miles each week. I began my third week of training this week and I can honestly say I'm enjoying it! I'm running 4 times a week, the first two weeks a total of 12 miles each and this week is a total of14 miles. This third week has been a little bit rougher, but I think that's just because I'm tired.
In other areas:
Agency work: I made a goal for myself to work 60 hours (which fulfills my 15 hr/week commitment) and I blew that goal out of the water by working exactly 100 hours (I knoooow). Hopefully that sets me up to be able to slack a little through April... I always admired the folks that do this job full time (cough, cough, Angie, cough, cough) but now I admire them even more! On a regular schedule, that job is hard!
Reading: I wanted to finish six books, but I was only able to get in five. (Only... that's kind of funny. Five is still a lot of reading). If you're interested in what books I read, check out my Goodreads page.
Subbing: I was only able to sub 4 1/2 days. With Spring Break in the month of March it was just too difficult.
Classes: I might as well accept that I am a procrastinator and will put things off until the last minute. I work better under pressure anyway.
Health: I stopped counting calories! It just wasn't working. I know I was eating the wrong kinds of calories, so I decided to hop on the Weight Watchers bandwagon and start counting points. I'm not a member for Weight Watchers, though. I'm just trying it out to see if I like it. I'm in my third week of counting points, and I have to say, I enjoy that all fruit is no points. ;)
I'm not going to set any specific goals for April, besides to keep doing what I'm doing. The changes I made in March seem to be really working, so instead of adding more to my plate, I'm going to keep it simple, keep doing what I'm doing and just try to make it through this hectic month.
Other exciting happenings in April:
- My dad and sister's birthday is the 13th (yep, they have the same birthday!)
- The entire fam is going to see Jimmy Buffett (we got 7th ROW!) on the 17th! I cannot wait for this! The entire reason I am such an oldies fan and a fan of musicians like Jimmy Buffett is because of my dad!
- Easter! This year we're celebrating with lunch at my grandmother's house, with probably church in the morning.
- Books 'n Bars this month is at Americana on a Sunday morning! I'm kind of excited about this one. Americana has an awesome bloody mary and mimosa bar... yuuummm! (look for my review of March's Books 'n Bars tomorrow!)
- My subbing availability is almost already full for April and May and most of them are at my favorite middle school - I LOVE THIS.