January was kind of rough for me health-wise. I started off strong, then I had a weekend getaway in Chicago and I just couldn't get back into working out regularly and eating healthy.
Well, no more!
So, for February here are my goals. Not all health goals, but there are definitely some in there!
- Drink a minimum of 75 oz of water a day - this would be filling up my water bottle three times a day. That's the easiest way for me to measure how much water I drink. I would also like to stick with my "one pop a day" rule and not break it as much as I have been lately. I can get out of control with the diet coke and diet coke is like a gateway drug to worse stuff for me. It's like it GIVES me an appetite. No. Bueno.
- Work out 4 times a week - whether it's the C25K or just heading to the gym for a little. Just SOMETHING.
- Finish C25K - I have been loosely following it as a running plan for ... a long time. Right now I'm on week 5, and honestly when I ran on Tuesday it wasn't easy, but it wasn't hard either. I'd say that's good, but I can probably push myself harder!
- Sign up for the Red Flannel Run - I better get on this, it's on February 11th. Last year I said I wanted to run 12 races in 2012. Considering January is over, I better at least get a couple out of the way before spring otherwise achieving this goal might not be possible. Unless I travel... Hmmmmm... <
> Did I just come up with a good idea?!
- Consume less than 2 alcoholic drinks per week - like diet coke, drinking can get out of hand easily as well. I need to get better at reminding myself to slow down, and that I don't need to have a drink in front of me while out to have a good time!
- Substitute teach at least 10 days - I'm only available to teacher on MWF, and on Wednesdays it's an early out. Even though it's an early out subs still get paid for a full day. Getting an assignment on Wednesdays is sometimes harder than getting tickets to a Packers game (ok, not quite that hard). Luckily, the past three Wednesdays I have completely lucked out.
- Work 40 hours at the agency - I know some of you are new, so you might know that I work at a local non-profit agency that serves adults with intellectual disabilities. I'm on call staff, but sometimes I just can't seem to squeeze the hours into my schedule, or the hours they have available are when I'm not available. Technically I am supposed to work 15 hours a week, lately I have only been work 5. Oops :/ My goal this month is to get in at least 40.
- Enter all meals into My Fitness Pal - are you on MFP? If so, be my friend! My username is AmberWDM. I really like MFP, it helps me stay on track, but I tend to quit entering my meals once I have gone over. I must think, "Oh, well. Day's shot. I don't want to know how bad it is..." Again, no bueno.