- Time is flying by. I cannot believe it is April 9th, Easter is over and I have only about a month to go for this semester.
- Speaking of this semester. April is a total pain in the ass. There is SO MUCH going on and now is the time I am really kicking myself for trying to tackle 6 classes and not do more at the beginning of the semester.
- Training is going fantastic! I could not be happier! I just wrapped up my third week and on Saturday I did my longest long run, 5 miles. I ran all five miles in under an hour and I'm so completely shocked at myself. Saturday was the first time I really felt like I, for sure, could run all 12.4 miles of the race and make it under 3 hours. I'm definitely not as scared now, which feels so amazing.
- I recently planned out the rest of my graduate program and I am so bummed that this semester will be my last semester substitute teaching regularly throughout the week. :( In the fall I have classes during the day Monday-Thursday. I'm grateful I will have Fridays to work, but I know that is not enough. I'm going to really miss it.
- After that fall semester, I will be student teaching (so, one year from right now) and I am really nervous. Like, really nervous. I'm glad I still have many months to mentally prepare.
- I'm reading Fifty Shades of Grey (yeah, I couldn't resist all the hype) and boy, oh boy... Ummm, I get it now. I completely get it.
- I'm actually reading the book on my Nook! It was cheaper, and I didn't care to have the physical copy, so it made sense. I'm a little annoyed though, because it's not lendable. I just don't understand that. We already can only lend them out once, so why not make them all lendable??
- Easter went well, but I ate way too much food. In fact, the entire weekend I ate horribly. Friday night after Zumba we went to Rock Bottom, where I fell in love with a new Cherry Wheat brew they have (omg, it was so good) and then on Saturday I had Mexican while working with a client, and then Sunday was Easter, so... Easter dinner, which included ham, party potatoes and other deliciousness.
Monday, April 9, 2012
This is going to be a bulleted update. You don't mind, right?
Posted by Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields at Monday, April 09, 2012