Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Resolutions 2010

Now, I don't usually like New Years resolutions because I tend to to break them within the first month, so what's the point? The point is, I need to stick to something an I said I had a New Years resolutions post coming so here it is!

Here is what I resolve to do better in 2010...

Exercise. I resolve to work out at least twice a week. This is going to my hardest resolution. Someone needs to PUSH me to the gym.
Eat better. Drink less pop/soda (whatever you want to call it) and more water, eat more veggies and eat out less.
Cook more. I want to cook at least twice a week. Twice a week is kind of a lot for a single girl, so the leftovers will really stretch.
Be a better blogger. My blog has really turned into a diary, which is okay but in 2010 I would like to see more controversial topic posts, features and book reviews.
Read more. I have found that I read more the first half of the year. I can't explain why, but January - July I read about a book a week and the rest of the year it is significantly less than that.
Be a better friend. Contact friends more, and not just through text or Facebook. Reach out more and make myself more available.
Travel more. Ok, this is something I just want to do. In 2009 I hardly traveled at all and so far possible trips for 2010 include: a skiing trip, a trip to Las Vegas, a week in Cancun and a couple days in Chicago.
Pay all bills on time. I tend to skip certain bills in order to buy... oh, I don't know. Shoes? It's pretty ridiculous and a bad habit of mine.

Well, that's pretty much it for me. It's a pretty hefty list for me, but I think I can do it!

Do you like to set New Years resolutions? Have you ever kept them?

10 comments:

P said...

I like to SET resolutions but I very rarely keep them as I am very lazy and have precisely bugger all willpower.

Heather said...

I actually kept most of mine last year.

I am with you on the eating better, exercising more, being a better blogger, and traveling more.

What type of books do you read?

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

I love me some new years goals/resolutions. Best of luck with yours!

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

The biggest New Years Resolution that I ever had and kept is when I vowed to lose weight for the umpteenth time in 2008 - except that time, I did it! I lost and kept off 20 pounds so far. I'd LOVE to lose another 10 though so I'm really hoping this is the year for me!

littledaisymay said...

I always think about making a resolutions but I never do because I can never seem to keep them! Good luck keeping yours!

Alicia said...

I never stick to my healthy resolutions...but I am going to try and give up pop this year

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I made 3 resolutions last year, and was really successful on 2 of them (get back into running & quit drinking Mountain Dew). I was fairly successful on the last one (cook once a week).

Good luck with your resolutions! I think it just takes some will power & determination. And blogging about it is good because it makes you accountable!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

I think that's a great list! I hope all of it works out for you! I'm really bad about resolutions so this year I made "goals" for myself and finances.

Classy in Philadelphia said...

Love the list! I'm so excited to see where your blog goes in 2010!

marisol said...

These are some great resolutions. I set about 10 last year and completed about 1/2 of them which IMO isnt' bad. This year, I am only concentrating on 3 of them in hopes that I will make it. Good luck!