Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Exciting news...


I FOUND A JOB!!!

I'm so freakin excited, you all have no idea!!! It's essentially the same exact job I had with Club Libby Lu. It's a children's (girls) retailer in the same mall and it's a much higher volume!

It's girly and princessy like CLL was and I couldn't be happier! For a long time I was telling myself I was only in retail because I loved CLL so much. It wasn't the career I was supposed to have, it wasn't respectable enough, yadda, yadda, yadda... but these past few weeks I have been doing a lot of soul searching. I have realized that my passion is retail and kids. Specifically the tween market, they are very impressionable at that age and having a good role model that is not a family member is very important for them to have. I know I am good at what I do and I know I love it! I love analyzing my sales and achieving those tough sales plans. I love leading a team and teaching these young girls how to have a job and how to sell! I guess a part of me just thought that there was no way I found my passion in my first job out of college. How was that possible? How could I get that lucky?? I hope I have figured out that yes, it is and yes I was that lucky!!
Nothing can ever compare to Club Libby Lu, it's something so special to me that nobody could ever touch that. Although, I think this new company is going to be great for my career and I hope it works out for a very long time!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting for you! Can't wait to hear more about it!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you!

CIP said...

Yay! Congrats! :)

CIP said...

Yay! Congrats! :)

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Thank you so much!

Lesli said...

Again, congratulations!!! You know how super-happy I am for you!!!

Plus, how cool is it that you know what you want to do for a career & have found your passion?

Love ya!

L