Thursday, February 18, 2016

Thank you! [a followup from yesterday's breastfeeding post]

Yesterday's post about my breastfeeding journey was a pretty personal post and I got so many messages from people who still read my blog either as a comment, email or Instagram post. Thank you very much for your encouragement and support!

This post has been floating around mommy groups (yes, I succumbed to them... they are sometimes a trainwreck) and it is exactly why I want to continue nursing. Basically, the photo shows two bags of pumped milk. One bag is "normal" everyday white-colored breastmilk. The other bag is a darker yellowish-colored breastmilk that more resembles nutrient-packed colostrum, which is what a mother's body will do when a baby's body has somehow signaled (some say through saliva) that they need antibodies to fight something off.

A tall glass of a nutrient-packed drink that is unique to YOU? Yes, please. Everyday, please. How amazing are our bodies? It just leaves me shaking my head and amazed at how phenomenal that is. It leaves me with a sick feeling in my gut thinking about not being able to provide this to Elise. So, this is why we are going to keep going. Even if she's only getting an ounce of breastmilk from me, it's an ounce of what she needs.

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I am glad that you got a lot of supportive comments and messages from others yesterday! I'm glad you've come up with a decision that you feel good about. It is really amazing what our bodies are able to do!!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

<3 It's tough. But you are right. It is amazing and awesome and cool and I feel worth the effort.