Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sunday, bloody, Sunday.

It's the Sunday before going back to work after a week long vacation. You feel depressed. You try to pump yourself up for structure again. Then you tell yourself not to think about it. Just enjoy the rest of the time off you have. Enjoy the evening with your husband/family.

You've had this before, am I right?

I have it bad. The Sunday Night Blues. Except it's The-Sunday-Night-After-Vacation-Blues, which is worse.

I so enjoy my free time. Especially lately now that I have another business venture to focus some time on.

Then again, I love what I do. I love teaching. I love my kids. So, why do I dread going back to work so much? I know once I get there I will feel happy to be back. Happy to see my kids.

Ugh. Oh, Sundays. You're not my favorite day of the week.

Do you get the Sunday Night Blues?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Trust me, I am positive I will get these feelings next Sunday when I have to go back. :( lol.

You'll love it once you get back in the routine though!

Lesli said...

I call them the Sunday blahs and yes they start for me around 5:00 p.m. every Sunday! I try to enjoy the good things about Sunday night--Mad Men (back April 5th for 7 weeks) and Eric makes spaghetti usually on Sunday nights! And I like my job; imagine if I hated it!

Amber said...

So I discovered this after my Christmas break this year - I actually get way bigger Sunday night blues when I'm going back to work after a STAYCATION. I really love my job so I rarely feel really down on Sunday nights but I was SOOO dreading going back to work after 10 days off, at home, at Christmas time. Whereas when I'm coming back from an actual trip or vacation away I'm usually totally ready to go back to work and get back into my routine. So interesting how that works. But yes I very rarely get the Sunday night blues but I had them bad back in January!!

Anyways, I hope your first Monday back isn't too hard on you!

Stephany said...

I don't really get the Sunday Night blues anymore. I used to get them bad when I worked at my old job, but at my current company, I like my job a lot and I like the people I work with so I'm generally ready to get back in the swing of things - even after coming back from vacation!

Julie said...

Ugh the sunday blues hit our house weekly. Glad you had a good break, how was STL?