Sunday, November 30, 2014

Miles, Looks, Music, Movies & Books - November

I have not done a MLMMB post (inspired by Lisa) since September. Not because I did not want to, but rather because I forgot. The past few months whizzed by and I cannot believe I have one trimester of my second year of teaching done. I have learned so much and made so many changes to the way I go about my job, but that is a post for another day!

Also, did you notice? I added a new category. Movies!

Miles
Zero miles. Yep. Zilch. However, if I had kept track of the number of miles I have done of Zumba, I am positive it would be high! During the month of November I took at least 3-4 classes each week, and with Zumba burning 500-700 calories per class, it is just as good of a workout as running is. I do miss running though and plan to begin again soon.

Looks
For the month of November I had a goal for myself to repurpose some of my summer clothes and turn them into winter looks. I only made two outfits, but I got so many compliments on both of them! For some reason, I can only find one photo... I must have accidentally deleted the other!

Also this month I won a free pair of Zumba compression capris and I have been wearing the heck out of them!

I will definitely continue this challenge of Summer-to-Winter outfits into December.



Music
Nothing really new here ... I'm still loving Taylor Swift's Shake It Off (I admit it) and really wish that her new album was on Spotify. I just can't see myself buying an actual cd... Other than that, I'm gravitating towards more upbeat tunes that I can dance to.

Movies 
We did not see any movies in the theater, but we did watch The Giver at home and we both enjoyed it! There were many differences from the book version, but I think they did a decent job. However, I still strongly encourage everyone to read the FIRST.

Books
November was a little crazy between state testing, report cards and parent/teacher conferences so my reading was a little on the slow side. I finished four books, which honestly, is very good.

Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult (it was okay, but was easy to put down)
The Storied Life of AJ Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin (awesome! Hard to put down)
Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin (just okay. Easy to put down)
Shopaholic to the Stars by Sophie Kinsella (ehhhh. Very easy to put down)

How was your November? Stay tuned for a recap on my November goals!

6 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I am impressed that you read 4 books since you were so busy in November! I read 5 which surprised me, but I read quite a bit while I was up at the lake.

That is great that you have been able to repurpose summer looks into winter looks. I can't think of anyway to do that with most of my summer looks! But at least I will get to wear some of them when we go to Jamaica at the end of this week. Eeks! :)

Unknown said...

You're reading Dark Places for Books 'n Bars?! Or is that sidebar old? Either way, LOVED IT!

I also love the idea of this post.

Annnnd, don't feel bad about loving Shake It Off. I did too. So I got the cd. Annnnnnd it's fantastic.

Nora said...

I just finished Landline by Rainbow Rowell over the weekend, in about 36 hours. I had a hard time putting that one down, so if you haven't read it, I recommend it!

Carolina John said...

Cute repurposed looks! Gotta love that.

I haven't finished anything good lately. Saw a few really bad movies, but that was it.

Shoshanah said...

I actually surprised myself by how much I enjoyed Shopaholic to the Stars. I'm not quite sure why, maybe because it's been so long since I read a Kinsella book, but I actually enjoyed it more than I expected.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I totally agree! Time has been flying by! It sounds like you've been busy but doing great!