Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sunday Social!

Good morning, friends! Have you read my wedding recap post yet? I posted it at an odd time (on a Saturday!) and I am worried people will miss it, so I'm going to link to it in my next few posts, mmmmkay?

Today I am participating in Neely's Sunday Social again. I really like doing this weekly link up because I feel like it kick starts my week of blogging (or not blogging) and even if I do not end up blogging again that week, I am probably thinking about blogging, which is better than nothing!


Sunday Social  

1. What is your favorite part of Fall?
My favorite part of fall is definitely the clothes. I love bulking up a little bit to warm up from the chill in the air, but not having to pile it on because it's SOCOLD outside. Fall weather is just perfect. Gimme boots, chunky cardigans, army jackets (which I am currently on the hunt for), scarves and hoodies and I'm a happy girl!

2. Do you have anything special planned for Fall?
We have one more wedding to attend in October, which Bill is also in. I have a cute three quarter sleeve black dress that I am wearing with pretty statement jewelry that I am looking forward to. The dress is from Lauren Conrad for Kohl's which is one of my all time favorite lines.

I am also looking forward to a non-dress up Halloween party that my friends and I are currently in the very beginning stages of planning. It feels like forever since I have seen them, since we are always gone on the weekends. 

A Zumbathon in November and a book festival in Minneapolis in October.

3. What is Fall like in your area?
Well, it is the midwest and the midwest is anything but consistent. It is usually sticky warm in September, and temps dip into the chilly 50s beginning in October, maybe climbing to the 60s during the day. Basically, perfect keep your windows open and heating/cooling units off! I always play the "How Long Can We Go Without Turning On the Heater" game. I made it to December once!


4. What is your favorite Football team to cheer for(college or professional)?
My favorite college team is the Iowa State Cyclones and my favorite NFL team is the Chiefs and the Packers. However, I am not a diehard or anything.

5. Do you decorate for Fall?
Right now, no. Our house is still pretty much a mess. Our kitchen floor is tore up, waiting for new tile, our living is filled with said tile.  Maybe I can decorate next year!

What is your area like in the fall? What's your fall style like? 

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Well you know what fall is like in my city. :) I also love fall but this year I feel like it came too fast and summer was entirely too short! I did buy some fall boots yesterday so I am excited to wear those. My fall style is skinny jeans/fitted pants with boots, scarves, warm sweaters and a fun jacket!

I can't wait to see you in October when we go to the book fair! I have lots to look forward to between my trip to SF next weekend, your visit, 2 other friends visit and Julia Child night! I was going to make a bucket list for fall but I think I have too much planned already! ;)

Nora said...

I definitely play the how long can we go without the heater game! It's fun to see how well we can do because I love a good break with no a/c OR heat. I know our bank accounts appreciate it, too.