Happy Sunday, friends! Are Sundays depressing to you? Are you someone that dreads going back to work on Monday? I don't necessarily dread it, because I do love what I do, but having days off to do with what I please is definitely what I prefer! I think we would all agree there ...
Today I'm participating in Sunday Social and I'm pretty sure it's my first time! Woo hoo! First timer here! :)
1. 5 Things you want us to know about you
- My name is Amber, and I don't really live on a farm or amongst the cornfields. I do live in Iowa thought and adore the Midwest.
- I have been told I have more of a "southern" personality though and have been told I'm "too nice" more than once or twice.
- I'm a 4th grade teacher and I love my career!
- I am a major book junkie and am not safe in a bookstore.
- I love to work out, especially running and Zumba, but am currently in a big exercise slump! Look for a post about that another day ...
- Connecting with others and building relationships, FOR SURE. I have made so many lifelong friendships as a direct result of blogging, so it will always be dear to my heart.
- Ahem, the perks. Will I review a book if you send it to me, hell yes, I will!
- Learning. I learn about so much through others' posts. I learn about new authors, books, products to try. Love it.
- The artistic outlet. I've always been a writer, but it has definitely slowed down as I get older. I tend to forget how much I enjoy the act of journaling and writing out my thoughts, whether they are for the public, or just for me.
- The giveaways. I love to enter giveaways. Love, love, love it! It does get time-consuming, so I tend to go through phases with it! I do find it fun though. :)
- Attending three weddings
- Visiting Minneapolis twice! Once for a wedding (next weekend!) and once for a book festival. Can't wait for both!
- Finally getting my name officially changed. I've been putting it off. Ugh.
- Updating our kitchen and replacing the tile.
- Hopefully having a small housewarming party to show our friends and family our new house!
- Leggings, leggings, leggings!
- Quickly following leggings, that perfect pair of brown leather boots.
- Jean jackets. Perfect for turning a more summery look into a fall look and keeping you warm!
- Covergirl Fresh Complexion Pocket Powder was my absolute favorite pressed powder, but I am pretty sure it has been discontinued! Sob! I got something that was in a similar casing, called Ready, Set, Gorgeous Pressed Powder (awful name, IMO) and it seems to pretty much the same formula. Hopefully, it is, I haven't been using it long and still have some of the old kind left, so I find myself digging for the old one a lot!
- Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner. This eyeliner has been my go-to for MANY years. Probably since high school! Every time I try something new, I always end up going back to this kind.
- Bare Minerals Concealer in Well Rested. I use this as sort of a highlighter, mainly under my eyes. I really love it!
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. Not only does a jar of this last more than a year, but it does a great job of moisturizing my skin overnight. I use this the most when I need it during the harsh winter months, and only use it at night because its very thick.
- Covergirl Bombshell Volume mascara. This mascara is amazing if you like thick, long dramatic lashes. Who doesn't, right?! I got this from Influenster and it might be my very favorite thing I have ever received from them because I use this daily!
- Well, I clearly have a thing for Covergirl! I have not noticed that before! Ha!