Thursday, July 3, 2014

Thoughts on Thursday

Hello! How has your week been? I am so glad it is a short week and today is the last day of the work week!

I know, I know. You're thinking, "you're a teacher! And it's summer! What do you care?"

Well, I actually AM working. Each morning I work at my friends daycare until noon, and two days a week I go straight from my friends daycare to tutor one of my mom's co-workers son who is going into the 5th grade. Those two things take up half my day!

Also, lately I have been seeing the chiropractor 3 times a week and the massage therapist once a week. Once all that is said and done, I do not have AS MUCH free time during the day. All other time is really filled up wedding planning and attempting to decorate my house.

Anyway. Here are some thoughts rolling through my head these days. In good ol' bullet fashion.

  • We are headed up to northern Iowa for the 4th of July. Not only do I we have a ton to do, but we both love that area of Iowa. It's Bill's neck of the woods (he is from Spencer, IA) but I adore Okoboji and would go up there every weekend if it wasn't 3 hours away!
  • Saturday I get to take home my dress! It will be done! I cannot wait to have it back in my possession! If I didn't need help getting it on, I think I would put it on everyday! LOL. 
  • I hope this is normal of a woman about to get married, but I cannot stop stalking every married person's wedding album on Facebook! Please tell me you also did this before your wedding day. Monday we met with our photographer (I adore him, he's so awesome!) and the photos are one of THE most important aspects of the wedding for me. I want classic, yet unique photos! I don't want to miss out any shot! 
  • I have been debating on wearing my hair up or down, and ultimately I decided on down. I almost always hate the way I look with my hair up, so I did not want to chance it! Here's a trial run of the curls... I'm hoping to add a few clip in extensions and then it will be half up with the veil underneath the half up portion. 

Ok, enough wedding talk.

  • Yesterday the weather was unseasonably cold. For July 2nd, it being in the 60s is just WEIRD. Our weather has been nuts! Personally, I was hoping for a hot summer, but I'm not sure we're going to get that this year! 
  • Our house is slowly coming together. Our goal is to do something small daily. Weather that be bringing in a box from the garage or hanging something on the wall. This week I painted the inside of a display case in our living room, brought in a few boxes and hung a large clock in our living room. I am shockingly fine with the disarray in our home right now, but I am sure once the wedding is over and I can focus on the house, I will have it done in no time. 
  • Working out with an unstructured schedule is haaaaaarrrrd. I am still running with my group so that gives me some structure, but other than that ... I'm struggling. I am also REALLY struggling to get in the strength training. I hardly did any in preparation for the wedding and I am worried I will regret it come July 19th!! I've been trying to do push-ups daily and even that is hard for me. :-/ 
  • Ragbrai training is going great!! I am so excited and cannot get enough of my bike these days!!!


What are you plans for the 4th??

5 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

You should have done the summer shred with Amber and I! I would recommend the July one but your wedding falls in the middle of it, so it's not a good time to do it... but I highly recommend that program (http://www.bobbimccormick.com/july-summer-shred-2014/) as it got me to consistently strength train for the first time ever! I think you look great, though! Doing push ups daily is good - maybe try to squeeze in some body pump classes if your schedule allows, too?

I can't wait to see you in just over 2 weeks at your wedding!!!! :)

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

check out the workouts for this summer shape up.. http://www.fannetasticfood.com/summer-shape-up-2014/

there is a strength training one for each week and they mix things up so it's been a good thing to get ideas from for myself!

Julie said...

You are perfectly normal for stalking wedding pictures. You're paying for something, you expect the best. I did that and mentioned shots of certain stuff that turned out great. Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Amber said...

Wait, why are you going to the chiropractor and massage therapist so much? Did you get injured? Hope everything is ok!!

You will look beautiful on your wedding day -- I can't wait to see photos!! And yes, I promise it's completely normal to be stalking wedding albums :)

Unknown said...

The weeks leading up to your wedding are the most exciting and nerve-wracking time! Perfectly fine to stalk, it helps with all the little last minute ideas and details you want to remember. I quite a few wedding posts on my blog if you want some last minute inspiration!