Today I'm diving right back into blogging with a Three Things Thursday post and a fun Q&A that Nora, Stephany and Lisa have done recently!
Three "things" Thursday
1. Yesterday was the last day of school! I miraculously did not cry. My eyes welled up for a second, but this year I have gotten very good at turning OFF the water works. There's something about crying in front 10 year olds that just doesn't sit well with me! It was a very fun day though, we had a fun assembly where all the teachers dance to Happy, which you can see on my Facebook page here! After work, everyone headed over to one of our colleagues' house for an afternoon of drinking! I planned on not drinking much, but after a couple hours, it was decided that I would leave my car there and keep on drinking. I cannot remember the last time I have indulged that much, but I do remember that I hate the feeling the next day!! Luckily, I was not too drunk, so don't worry! I was not THAT co-worker! Too old for that!
2. This week is my first bachelorette party (yes, I said first), my shower and Bill's bachelor party. We will have LOTS of people in town this weekend and it will be FUN!! I have lots to do to get ready though.... on deck for today is organizing the library which has become a dumping ground for random crap. I'm excited to finally get my books pulled out of the garage and up on my shelves where they belong. :) I also hope to get my labels for the invitations ready, go buy stamps and begin stuffing envelopes and get the invites out TOMORROW! Whew... that is a lot. Especially if I want the invites out tomorrow. The rest of this post may be rushed! Ha.
3. June is officially ALL THINGS WEDDING and ... I'm a little nervous. I have procrastinated because of school and kept saying that, "I will do it in June." Well, now June is here. I have a lot to do .... I just keep reminding myself that it all will get done and will be a beautiful wedding!
11 Question Q&A
1. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Turn off my alarm/sleep app. Check phone, which means checking email, Facebook, texts, Instagram and read a few blogs usually.
2. What do you eat for breakfast?
It varies. Right now I am on a huge English muffin kick. I prefer to have scrambled eggs, but there is not always time for that. However, there is always time for coffee and I take my coffee with a spoonful of Stevia and some milk. These days, iced as well because I'm not a fan of hot drinks when it's warm out.
3. What’s your go-to weeknight meal?
Usually tacos. I could eat tacos/fajitas several nights a week and be perfectly fine with that!
4. Do you do any kind of journaling or memory keeping?
Just this blog. And now, Facebook also helps with memory keeping. I used to keep a journal when I was younger, but not anymore.
5. How do you fix your coffee, or do you prefer tea (or neither)?
Ha, I guess I explained this in number 2. Whoops!
6. What’s the last good book you read?Hmmm.. I have not read much lately! I just consulted Goodreads, and I haven't given out a 5 star rating since Me Before You by Jojo Moyes in December! Wow. I need to get going and read something GOOD. Do you have any suggestions?! Also, if you haven't read Me Before You yet, you're seriously missing out.
7. If you had a day all to yourself with no schedule, how would you spend it?I would start by "sleeping in" until about 7am, then I would lay in bed for awhile drinking coffee, reading and/or blogging. Then I would go on a bike ride, maybe to run some errands. I would spend some time getting home improvement projects done on our new house. Maybe go shopping for a few new things for the house. Plan dinner and cook dinner for my soon to be hubby. Have dinner together and then end the night with a bike ride together followed by more laying around in the living room watching tv and/or playing on our ipads.
I feel so fortunate that this will probably happen today! I don't know about the cooking part ... lol, but almost everything else will happen!!
8. What are three things on your life list?
Fun a full marathon, visit all 50 states, and travel through Europe (I cannot pick just one place there!)
9. When you really need to relax or de-stress, where do you go and what do you do?Lay in bed and read or sleep. Take a long walk or run. Go for a bike ride.
10. What’s on your nightstand?Several books and magazines, chapstick, Kleenex, hair tie, water bottle, and my wedding planner book.
11. What’s the last thing you do before you go to sleep?
Check my phone.
That's it for me! I'm off to be productive!!
What's on your life list? Let me know if you complete this Q&A so I can read yours!