Friday, March 21, 2014

5 on Friday

Happy Friday! I wish I was excited it was Friday, but I am actually not.  Friday means that my spring break is almost over and on Monday, I have to go back to work. Womp, womp. It has been a very nice staycation and I have quite enjoyed the relaxation and alone time. Don't get me wrong, I was very productive this spring break, but I also made sure to get some "me time" in too.

Well, since it's Friday I am participating in Five on Friday again! What a simple, yet fun post to do each Friday!
1. I am so excited to see Divergent this weekend! We are going to see it tomorrow night and I am dying in anticipation! Bill is even a little excited too because he actually thinks it looks good! Gasp!
2. As many of you know, one of my best friends is a Zumba instructor and she's always doing fun events at our gym. Tonight she and one of the other instructors is having a little Zumba happy hour with a small get-together afterwards for some of the regulars and I am pretty pumped! 75 minutes of Zumba and then some girl time after? Yes, please! I am excited to get to know some of the other regulars better. I'm not usually a chatty person at the gym, I'd rather get in and get out and I'm often in my own world at the gym. I hope I don't appear to be snobby. Anyway, that is why I'm looking forward to this!

3. Yesterday I decided to skip Zumba in favor of a bike ride out in the gorgeous weather we had! This was the first ride on my new bike and I loved it! There is definitely some getting used to it though ... she for sure needs to be broken in and I need to learn how to use her. I honestly have very little knowledge of how to use the gears properly. Yesterday was interesting, yet exhilarating!

I ended up buying a Trek Lexa road bike and I just love her, she's so pretty! I know that what we spent on a good bike is relatively inexpensive in the bike world, but whoa ... a little part of me thinks that we should have bought .. oh, I don't know, a new couch instead? However, we both want to ride RAGBRAI this year, and to do that, I need a good bike. At the end of the day, I know we got a good deal, I am just a stingy sister. ;)

4. I am currently sipping on my first ever homemade smoothie. I know, where have I been? A blogger that doesn't make smoothies? Crazy. I have to say though, it's pretty good. I used some strawberry Chobani, fresh strawberries, blackberries, spinach and chocolate protein powder with some ice and a splash of milk. I'm a fan! If it is filling and keeps me full till lunch, I may have to make them more often. Sorry, no picture. It's not the prettiest of smoothies!

5. On Wednesday I decided it would be a good idea to a Body Pump class, followed almost immediately by an hour long Zumba class. Whoa, am I ever sore. Ay yi yi .... I am not going to use it as an excuse though. I took yesterday to rest a little (just took a 30 minute bike ride) and I'm hoping that tonight's Zumba event goes well and the soreness goes away once I'm warmed up. Fingers crossed!

That's it for me! Tell me what your plans are for this weekend! Anything exciting?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband is having a "guy's weekend" so I'm jumping ship and staying at my mom's while the boys get up to no good! We have grand plans for Target and American Hustle, that's about it!

I don't make smoothies at home either. Or at least not frequently enough to say I do!

Julie said...

Did you ever watch Secret Life of the American Teenager? The Divergent girl was the main star of that and I'm curious how she'll be changing major roles. She's also in another movie coming out that's from a book. Let me know how it is!

Carolina John said...

Wow you've had quite an active spring break! Well done.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Your spring break went by so fast! But this work week drug by for me. :/ I am glad you got some quiet alone time and were also productive. And it's great that the weather was nice enough for an outdoor bike ride! I have thought about getting a road bike but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Maybe when I move back home I will.

I hope the zumba event was fun. I wish my gym had more zumba classes as I would like to try it. But my gym only has it once a week - weird huh?

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I am so impressed by your Zumba commitment! I just cannot remember the routines involved in Zumba and also no coordination over here lol.
I hate saying goodbye to vacation- it's so necessary in life (and teaching!)

Becky said...

"A blogger that doesn't make smoothies? Crazy."

Hahahahahaha! This weekend is pretty relaxing for me - meeting a friend for coffee, surprise party for another friend's birthday, some yoga, and hanging with my sister. I'll be in NYC next weekend so a down weekend is just what I need right now. Happy Saturday!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You are doing so awesome at working out! Love the bike!