Thursday, August 2, 2012

Twiddle dum, there's no comparison

From the time I was in middle school and first heard the song 'Just A Girl', I was completely obsessed with No Doubt. I can remember watching their music videos over and over and over. I wanted to be just like Gwen Stefani. I wanted her blonde hair, red lips and those amazing abs. Plus, she's just plain awesome. Such an inspiring, talented lady. 

The first single from No Doubt's new album

The band has not released an album since 2001 with Rock Steady, and although I do like Gwen Stefani's solo work, I am so excited to see what the band has up their sleeve. They have been a band since 1986 and have the most amazing history together. It is truly a wonder that they are still such good friends and still working together.

The new album, Push and Shove comes out September 25th and you can better believe I will be buying it and devouring it immediately! If people still waited in line to buy cds at the music store, I would be there.

Hopefully I can catch them live too, because I have never seen them. It should be a crime to love a band so much, but have never seen them live! It's happening this time when they go on tour!

Who/what is your all time favorite singer/band? Who was your favorite when you were younger?  

6 comments:

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Loved No Doubt when I was younger too--Don't Speak, Spiderwebs, Sunday Morning...all amazing! Thanks for the trip down memory lane :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I loved No Doubt, too! I can't really pick a favorite singer/band, though. I have loved Mat Kearney, Sara Bareilles, Ingrid Michaelson, and The Fray for years, and that singer/songwriter/acoustic genre is definitely my favorite!

I can't even remember what I loved when I was younger. I actually ended up listening to a lot of oldies because my boyfriend played alot of that kind of music, so we listened to songs like Jessie's Girl and Journey, etc!

Manon said...

I LOVE No Doubt.....I'll never forget when I first saw them at the IMU in Iowa City with 311....1997ish? The show started late because Gwen had to convince security that she was in the opening band.....and look at her now!

Carolina John said...

The thing that scares me the most here is that you were in middle school when you first heard Just a Girl.

I was in college. that stings a little bit.

Shoshanah said...

I'm sure you can probably guess this from some of my posts, but I am, and have been, a big Backstreet Boys fan. They're actually working on their new album too. Nothing like music from our fav 90s bands!

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I love No Doubt too- I was not a huge fan actually UNTIL seeing them live in high school and it was SUCH a good concert, that I became a better fan haha. Overall I've just had so many bands/singers I have loved I could never pick a favorite.

I've been trying to figure out if I can use the new song in my classroom haha- it does say get in line and settle down, right? haha