Yesterday I was talking with a friend that is in my program at Drake (Hi, Anna!) and we both felt that Spring Break was just even more stressful because we felt guilty taking time off.
Isn't that ridiculous?
Although I haven't really taken time off because I have been working, I still get a lot of downtime at work and I have spent it reading the first Stephanie Plum book and re-reading The Hunger Games. Instead of doing those things I could be doing for class. Like, reading chapters for class, working on
Who lets Spring Break stress them out?! Apparently, we do.
So, it's Thursday and that means Nora's Wine & Love feature! Let's get on with it, shall we?
This week I am loving...
- That training has gone fairly well and I'm not as sore as I was expecting to be! Pray for me that it stays this way. (we all know it won't stay this easy. Otherwise, everyone would do it, right?)
- That it's Hunger Games week! I have been so excited all week about this movie! I'm going to see it with a new friend from my grad program and one of my best friends on Friday at 6:45, then afterward we're going out to dinner to "discuss." Can't Wait!
- All this rain is turning everything green, green, green! While driving around (and running around!) I have had a hard time convincing myself it is March!
- I had my first video chat with a blogger this week!! I finally "met" Molly and we chatted for almost 2 HOURS on Monday night! Time flew by and I loved every second of it! It was so much fun! I want to video chat with everyone! Big group chat, anyone?
What's making me reach for the wine... (or in my case, Leinenkugal's Summer Shandy)
- The above mentioned stress. Although, I should stop calling it stress, because it is clearly not stress. It is guilt.
- All this rain. We're going on the fourth day in a row of rain. Yes, I realize this is in my love column too, but I do love that everything is greener. We couldn't have that without all this rain, but I don't like that it's affecting my running schedule. Boo. At some point I will run in the rain during the next 12 weeks, that point is just not now.
- My lower back is killing me. I don't know why, or how or what to do. It is just uncomfortable and painful. It's not from running (I don't think) because it's been doing this for awhile. I'm thinking of getting a massage or heading to the chiropractor, of which I have not done either. (I know, I'm deprived. I've never had a massage). Next time I see a massage in a Groupon deal I'll snatch it up.
What are you loving and hating this week? Have you ever been to the chiropractor?