Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer update!

(Me with three of my best friends at our favorite summer destination, Lake Okoboji.)

This summer has been crazy, I'm sorry for my absence! I'm really hoping things calm down for me soon, I'm ready to relax. I fear they won't though... in two more weeks school starts, which will make things slow down at work but I will stay busy trying to juggle my full-time job, two graduate classes, the nursing home job and.... a new boyfriend.

Yep. We made it offical. Honestly I think I could have continued going with the way things were for quite awhile but I think he wanted to make things "exclusive" which was really sweet to me. I spent the past four days at the lake and I really missed him! The day I left he sent me these flowers at work which I loooooved. I have never received flowers from a guy at work where all your co-workers get to oooh and ahhh over them. It was bliss. :)

I got back from the lake yesterday morning and had to go straight to work for about 4 hours. After work, he came over and cooked fish and corn on the cob and also brought this for me...

He said he remembered me saying I like the color blue so he bought me a blue rose! How did I get so lucky? He's seriously one of the most thoughtful people I have ever met!

I hope you guys are having a good week. I promise I will try to do better at keeping my little place on the internet up to date! In the meantime here is a picture... I need to come up with a better nickname for this cutie :)



15 comments:

Amber said...

Such a cute picture and I LOVE the flowers!!

Glad you're having a fantastic, busy summer. That's what summers are for! :)

Jamie said...

Awww the new bf is a cutie :) And sounds very sweet! Have a great rest of the week!

Lesli said...

Awww, you finally updated and it is a good one! I swear I have been checking two or three times a day to see if you updated your blog! And also, you didn't do Ten on Tuesday this week, but I did.
Yay for flowers and a new boyfriend!
See you soon -
xoxo
P.S. How is your eye?

Lesli said...

Awww, you finally updated and it is a good one! I swear I have been checking two or three times a day to see if you updated your blog! And also, you didn't do Ten on Tuesday this week, but I did.
Yay for flowers and a new boyfriend!
See you soon -
xoxo
P.S. How is your eye?

Erin said...

So exciting!! Enjoy this fun, early, just together stage! :-)

Heather said...

How exciting for you!! Im glad you found yourself such a great guy. Now he needs to get in touch with my bf about this flower giving business

Gia said...

cute pics!! I love your quote at the top about reading/people watching at B&N I love to read and lovee B&N! thanks for your sweet comment :)

Sam said...

aw, he's so cute and definitely a keeper! i'm so happy for you :) you're having a great summer!

Jen said...

A romantic! You look really cute together and I love that he wanted to make it official!!!

Jessica said...

Soo Happy for you.. great picture of the two of you..Looks like you are well on your way to your happy :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, so sweet!

P said...

Sooo happy for you.

And just a tad jealous!!!!

(Where is MY new man???)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw!!! You seem so happy! That's great! Glad to hear you've been having a great summer!

Shoshanah said...

You two are so cute together! I love the flowers, especially the blue rose. I'm wish you the best of luck with the relationship and on starting school in the fall!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

he's a hottie!