Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Weekends at the lake are always eventful!

We got back from the lake today and it is technically my "Sunday". I am so not ready to go back to work tomorrow after five fabulous days off!

It was so much fun though. We've definitely started a new tradition that we hope to do every summer. One of my best friend's husbands family has cabins at a very popular lake about 3 1/2 hours north of here and I go every time they will have me! Well, her husband has a tradition he hosts every summer called "Mans Weekend" so we decided this year to have a "Friends Weekend" of her friends and the weekends overlapped one night, so you can only imagine the craziness that ensued! It was so much fun though! Loved every minute!

Almost...

I found out from some friends of mine that I do not see very often, that The Ex (which, is a term I'm borrowing from Jess!) brought another girl around to their lakehouse (different lake, just as fun!) a few weeks back. I was unaware he was dating anyone else and it just hit me the wrong way. They didn't realize I still had these feelings for him, and were saying how they wished it had been me with him. That they thought it was me because his date and I shared the same first name.

Immediately I burst out into tears and sorta spilled my guts to them. I'm sure the fact that I was three sheets to the wind did not help, but I've always believed "a drunk person's words are are a sober person's thoughts" and this was no different.

It was hard to hear that he was dating again, and it might sound naive, but I know his feelings for me are still there. There's just no denying it, we have known each other too long and will always hold a torch for each other. I believe he's doing what he thinks is best for me and will hurt me least because he knows he cannot give me what I want.

Again, that might sound naive and stupid but it's what makes me feel better and what I truly believe.

7 comments:

Shoshanah said...

I think its always hard to hear that someone else is moving on, especially when it seems to be faster than you have. But It'll get better in time.

The rest of the weekend at the lake sounds like a great time. I would love to have a tradition like that

Amber said...

That sounds like such a fabulous vacation!!

I think hearing about someone moving on is ALWAYS hard!! Keep your chin up!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad to hear that you had an overall good time at the lake. It's always hard to see someone that you once cared about move on. Hang in there.

What ever happened to the girl who was stealing at work?

Lesli said...

Yes, what did happen to the girl who was stealing at your store?

Sorry about the ex.....

marisol said...

Sounds like a great vacation. Hope you do make it a tradition in the summers to come.

Politics of a Patriot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pursuit of Matching Accessories said...

So sorry to hear about the ex... Or your reaction, rather. Those type of losses are never easy to deal with, even if we know it's what is right... :( *hugs*