Sunday, October 12, 2014

The *final* Sunday Social :(

Good morning! How has your weekend been? Mine has been great! I am currently sitting on Lisa's couch, we are both blogging, the patio door is open and the sun is shining! 

Today I'm participating in the last ever Sunday Social. I am curious to find out what it will be replaced with, but am sad to see it go. 

I am also blogging from the iPad for the first time. I am not enjoying it much so if you are a avid iPad user and blogger - please send me your tips!!!


How did you come up with your blog name? My blog name is a throw back to my hometown - Des Moines (pronounced duh-moyn), the capital of Iowa. Dsm is actually a decent sized city with about 600,000 calling it home when you combine all the suburbs but I think it's hilarious (however sometimes annoying) when others think it is all cornfields and overalls. Although, my blog name does not help that misconception!! :)

What is your favorite thing about blogging? For sure the people! I am so thankful that I have met so many wonderful people via blogging. I miss the way blogging used to be though. Kerri did a great job writing about the other day here

What is one thing you have discovered because of blogging and now cant live without? I am pretty sure I discovered Goodreads from blogging and I adore that site! Oh, and Erin Condren planners!

Facebook or Twitter? and why? Lately, Facebook. However, it is disgusting how much time I spend on the FB and I think I need it cut back. 

If one celeb read your blog who would you want it to be? Definitely an author... Maybe Jodi Picoult or JK Rowling. 

What is something you want people to know about your blog? I don't really live on a farm. You must like books because I talk about them a lot. I blog sporadically. My blog is in a mid life crisis and isn't sure what it wants to be. But, that's okay. :)

What do you blog on? Desktop, laptop or iPad? What have you discovered because I'd blogging?

4 comments:

Shoshanah said...

I'm pretty sure I never would have discovered Erin Condren without blogging either, and I def do love my planner and can't wait till it's time to pick out next year's!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I pretty much only blog on my PC but I did do all of my Paris posts from my phone because my apartment did not have a computer. That was a PAIN but I wanted to blog about my experiences while I was there so it'd be fresh in my mind. And something I've discovered because of blogging is my EC planner, as you know since I got to answer this question in person. :)

Thanks for coming to visit!!!

Nora said...

Things I discovered from blogging: Twitter, Goodreads for sure, Erin Condren, all the various workout challenges that exist, and those photo a day challenge things.

Definitely am a PC blogger; I haven't tried to blog from a tablet before. I don't know if I could do it without an actual keyboard!

Stephany said...

I'm a laptop blogger. I once blogged from my phone and I did not enjoy it. I haven't tried blogging from my iPad, but I don't like typing from it even for sending out a tweet so I'm sure I wouldn't love writing an entire blog post! Kudos to you for getting it done. :)