Photo courtesy of Lisa's condo in Minneapolis when I stayed with her in August 2011!
If you and I were having coffee together ...
- I'd tell you that I am feeling extremely anxious these days. Anxious about getting a teaching job. Anxious about student loans. Anxious about relationships. Anxious about completing my portfolio Anxious about time. Just, anxious. Pray I'm not on meds by August, ok?
- I'd tell you that despite being extremely busy juggling student teaching, completing as many teaching applications as I possibly can, taking advantage of every possible meet and greet with district representatives, working on my portfolio and working part time at the agency, I am still making sure to keep up with my favorite past time - reading. Last night I started the 21st book of 2013 and tonight my friends and I will meet at Dos Rios for our third Books 'n Bars meeting of the year. I am always available with a recommendation for a good book!
- I'd tell you that I started student teaching today at a new placement and I would tell you how excited I am to be teaching at a school that seems to be everybody's favorite school.
- I'd tell you that having your classmates turn into competition for teaching jobs is a very weird feeling and I do not like it. There is one friend in particular that is ... particularly catty. I am not sure if she realizes that it comes across that way, but I am not willing to participate. Gives me the sads.
- I'd tell you that despite the stiff competition, there are still some very nice people out there. On Saturday when I was in Cedar Falls for the UNI Teacher Fair a girl that interviewed for the same position I did a few weeks ago remembered seeing me and stopped to say hi. We chatted each time we ran into each other at the fair and it was nice to make a new friend. :)
- I'd tell you that speaking of new friends, I met Kristin from Single Mama Life and it was so nice to meet her! I will never forget how she reached out to me and sent the nicest email after I posted about not getting the job I interviewed for.
- I'd tell you that despite being very busy, I miss blogging very much.
- I'd tell you that I recently registered for Dam to Dam, the race that sparked my interest in long distance running last year and the race that I am hoping will ignite that spark again this year... now, if only it would stop snowing so I could comfortably run outside...
- I'd ask you, speaking of snow... when is it going to stop? And, I would hope that you give me an answer I like. Or offer me a beach vacation to somewhere tropical!