Thursday, July 14, 2011

This is what good friends are for...

***EDIT*** I realized later that day it wasn't Friday (actually, around 9am), but I am leaving this because I think it's funny. ;) I have had "day ahead" syndrome all week!! Don't ya hate that??

Happy Friday!!!

Tonight marks the return of my friends and I's favorite weekly tradition... The Friday afternoon happy hour! We haven't been meeting on Fridays because we've all been busy, out of town or had a wedding to attend. Luckily, most of us are here this weekend and we are getting together at a newly discovered (awesome) patio in West Des Moines.

So, I had a really great conversation through text message with one of my best friends yesterday that I just have to share with you all. (for the most part, this is exactly what was said, but I am adding some details so it makes sense to you guys).


ME: I worked in my first group home today!

How was it?? Any good stories?

ME: Not yet. It was really good though! The women were really high functioning. We went to a huge flea market! Ha!

Which flea market? I'm jealous!

ME: Ugh. It was not good. All junk! Collectomania on the east side.

Still jealous

ME: I saw _____ today! The home was by his work. Fingers crossed he didn't see me!

Ew! Hope he didn't. There's nothing worse than seeing an ex.

ME: He looked like such a douche. WTF was wrong with me?!

I can't believe you told me about the flea market before seeing ________.

ME: HAHAHAHAHA! Trust me, the flea market was more exciting.

This made me laugh so hard! I just had to share. :) Have a wonderful Friday afternoon and weekend!

4 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oo, which ex was it? It's always good when you see an ex and are very glad you aren't with them anymore. :)

Suz said...

I HATE running into exes or even just seeing them! One of mine (witty guy) lives really close to me (with his 19 year old waitress) and I am so afraid of running into them when I am out. I would have been more excited about the flea market too!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I bet the flea market was more exciting! What patio in West Des Moines? I rarely get out there but would be willing if the patio was awesome enough. haha.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Would it be the ex who was still in another relationship? Cause he was a douche!!!