The wheels really fell off the bus with the 30 day challenge, but you know what? I knew that was going to happen. I have absolutely no consistency in my life right now, which is fine, but can be frustrating!
Instead of answering the next question of the challenge I decided to to do Ten on Tuesday instead! :)
1. What are your plans for the holidays? Do you travel at Thanksgiving? If you celebrate Christmas, do you travel then, too?This Thanksgiving I am going to my grandmothers house, which was a tradition with my family when I was really little only in the past five years or so has it changed. Lately, we have been with different sides of the family each year so I'm really excited for a little normalcy. We don't travel far, it's only about 30 minutes west of here so that's nice! I'm not sure what we're doing for Christmas yet.
2. How do you make the plans for the holiday? If you have a significant other, how do you decide which family to visit?
Nick and I aren't to the point where we're spending holidays together so we're both spending the holiday with our families :)
3. Do you have your Thanksgiving meal at lunch or later in the day? We normally have it around 2:00.
4. Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
We used to go see a movie after dinner, but lately with my work schedule that hasn't permitted. :( Other than that, I just enjoy eating lots of food, then going back for seconds about an hour later! Haha!
5. After a big meal do you lounge around or get up and take a walk?
I lounge a bit, usually read a book or watch a movie. Most likely I will try to convince everyone to watch a Christmas movie. :)
6. Do you shop on “Black Friday” or do you avoid it? Well, I am working so no. But, if I wasn't working I would have to say Helllll, no. People are nuts and I can't stand the poor manners and blatant disregard of others. Irritates me!
7. When do you usually finish your Christmas shopping?
Eeeek, probably Christmas Eve. I'm such a procrastinator.
8. Do you and your significant other exchange gifts? Is there a budget?
Usually, yes. We haven't talked about it yet and I really hope we do because I want to set a budget!
9. When do you decorate for the holidays?
I started tonight! Usually the week of Thanksgiving for me. My mom is a bit different... she doesn't start til mid December!
10. Do you go “all out” with the decor or do you keep it simple?
Pretty simple... I'm slowly collecting a nice set of holiday decor! I think this year I need a new tree...
Are you excited for Thankgiving? What's your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
Welcome! My name's Amber and I'm a recently-turned-30 year old living in Des Moines, IA. No, it's not all cornfields and farms here and I am actually a city girl, having spent very little time on any type of farm! Here is where I talk about anything and everything going on in my life!
Want to contact me?
Send me an email at:
What I'm reading...
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
What I just finished reading...
This Girl by Colleen Hoover
Books 'n Bars
Come check out my book club in the Des Moines area. We check out a new bar each month and read one book a month.