Friday, July 23, 2010

Blast from the Past...

Oh my, my, my... It's 12 am on a Friday night and I am blogging!f I need to get this out of my head and on paper though! I had a blast from the past today regarding a former flame and now I CANNOT STOP thinking about him. I'm all wound up!

Here's what happened...

So, when I lived in South Carolina I dated this adorable southern boy and fell HARD. He was charming, sweet, outgoing, chivalrous and oh-so-manly. He is two years older than me and is one of the head honchos of a construction company. I knoooooow... he works with his hands and it's sexxxxxy! Anyway, wiping the drool from my chin...

We dated for the summer and had a fantastic time. Our relationship always seemed doomed though because he said he would never move away from SC and I said I would probably never settle down in SC... so we continued to have our fun. Til his ex-girlfriend strolled back into town and he got "confused" he didn't know what he wanted and wasn't sure if he wasn't still in love with her. I took about a day to process this and then promptly said, buh-bye.

This was three years ago. Since then we have had corresponded through Facebook every so often, but just recently he has commented on my stuff more than usual. So much so that even Lesli noticed and asked who this fella was!

Well, today I noticed it was his birthday which reminded me that it was MY half birthday! I knew he would remember this because we used to laugh about it and I usually remember every year and wish him a happy birthday. So, today I wrote on his Facebook and said thanks for being born on my half birthday, yada yada yada and was on my merry way! Then he wrote on my wall that since it was his birthday today was I going to party with him? I quickly said sure, but he's gotta come up to Iowa since he has never been. Then he emails me... here is how our conversation goes...

Him: How about next weekend?
Me: Sounds good. What day are you thinking about getting here?
Him: You think I'm kidding, huh?? BTW, I wore your Dave Matthews shirt yesterday! :)

He borrowed this shirt of mine when we were together and I never got it back.

After this I switched out of Facebook and into text message...

Me: No, I don't think you're kidding. I want that shirt back, or you can give me the Clemson shirt I liked.
Him: Done. :)
Me: Are you for sure coming up?
Him: Are you gonna let me stay with you?? As I do not know ANYONE from Iowa!!
Me: Zeke might get upset if you take his side of the bed, but I'm sure he'd get over it!
Him: What if I want YOUR side of the bed?
Him (again): I'm sorry!! Jk, you might be seeing someone and didn't think that was funny!
Me: Haha, no it made me laugh. Are you seriously, seriously coming up because I have to work out my work schedule if so.

Then I was working on stuff at the store and accidentally put a bunch of stuff over my phone and it called him by accident! I quickly ended the call but he called right back! Ooooops!

I asked him if he was really serious about coming up here and he said yeah but he couldn't come up next weekend because he was going to be in South America on vacation. He was driving and it was really hard to hear each other over that and understand each other's accents. He has a super thick southern accent and according to him I sound like I talk another language.. Ha! He said to just call him when I get off work today.

I didn't call him after work, but I did send him a text asking how his birthday night was going... but still haven't heard back. Honestly, I wasn't really expecting to. I mean, it's his birthday! I'm sure his phone is blowing up.

Hmmm... who knows, right? Anyway, that was my blast from the past tonight and it's got me all wound up and giddy over a guy that is 1100 miles away from me. AahhhhhhH!

Anyway. Goodnight, friends! Hope your weekend started off right!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Wow. So what will you do if he comes up?

Amber said...

Haha aww flirting with old flames is always fun! THat would be funny if he did come visit you but I suppose that's a pretty long ways to go! Like, really far!! Haha

Shoshanah said...

How random! Who knows if he'll actually decide to come up. But if he does it sounds like it would at least be a fun weekend!

saucyminx410 said...

Interesting........curious to see how this pans out- whatever happens- just have fun with it girl!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh I think that would be a VERY exciting weekend!

Jenny Georgio-who said...

If he comes up to see you then that is saying a lot. Sometimes old crushes die super hard...sometimes they don't die at all.

Keep us updated!

Rich Life Revival said...

Well I hope he's not confused anymore :)!

Happy half birthday haha!

Leigh Hutchens Burch said...

Wow, what a cute story! Rekindling with ex boyfriends is always exciting, even if it doesn't pan out to be anything "real."

I wonder if he'll actually come visit! Keep us posted!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Fun! A little flirting back and forth like that is probably so good for you right now. Kind of restores your confidence and reminds you that you still 'have it'. And bonus if he actually follows through and comes to visit!!